Cast a spell over your entire neighborhood this year with these fun, festive tips on how to decorate for Halloween. Whether it's your front porch, entryway, or even your yard, these fabulous ideas will draw costumed creatures in droves to your home on All Hallow's Eve!
- Decorate windows with artificial spiders and cobwebs.
- Darken the porch lights with black lights or use yellow, green, or purple bulbs.
- Add flickering electric candles to the windows.
- Carve or paint pumpkins to decorate porch steps.
- Use bed sheets or drop cloths to make white ghosts.
- Add creepy lawn ornaments such as tombstones, skeletons, ghouls, monsters, rats, spiders, or put together a scary scene using old furniture, clothing, and dolls.
- Paint scraps of wood or cardboard to look like tombstones and hang scary-looking figures or silhouettes from the trees.
- Opt for spook-free by skipping the scary décor and go for a classic fall front porch instead. Fill planters with a candle lantern and an assortment of pumpkins, gourds, and fall foliage that will carry you through Thanksgiving. Add some potted mums and a bail or two of hay and enjoy!